Saturday 12 April 2014

Let Me Introduce You To The Canton Tea Company And Their Wonderful Jasmine Pearls


Today is a special day as I introduce you to another new tea company that I've discovered.

Canton Tea Company is based in Bristol. It was established in 2007, so it's a fairly new tea company. A baby, in fact!

They sell an absolutely wonderful, and extensive, collection of loose tea's and pyramid tea's. Alongside that they also sell the absolutely fascinating flowering tea's, which, once I own a glass teapot, I am determined to try!

Last week I contacted the Canton Tea Company to ask whether they had any samples that I could review for this blog. Normally, I just get told no. (If you don't ask, you don't get!) so I was flabbergasted, quite frankly, when they replied and said 'yes, just let us know your address'.

I was really excited for them to arrive, so when the Parcel Force chap knocked today ("more tea?" he asked - he isn't even my regular postman!) I smiled 'yes, I hope so'. (He then went on to tell me he loves PG Tips, but he wonders what exactly is in my boxes!). Maybe I'll invite him in one day to try some!

Firstly, I was hugely surprised it came in a box at all. I would genuinely be happy with a couple of teabags popped in a envelope. But a box? Wow! When I opened it I was staggered to see a box packed full of samples. (See picture above).

What really appeals to me is how attractive the packaging is. It's plain white, with the red Canton logo, which is simple but effective. As I said in my previous post, I love bright packaging, I enjoy it, but sometimes simple is just as affective.

Within the samples I received this wonderful postcard, which is really lovely.


I was fortunate to be sent green tea, black tea, fruit tea and a herbal envelope too (all which will be reviewed at a later date).

I opted to try the Jasmine Pearls green tea, which is a Chinese tea.

I love jasmine in tea. From Twining's floral range right through to the delicious and tasty Kenginston Tea Company's Japanese Superior, it's a tasty ingredient to add to tea, especially green tea.

Canton Tea Company sell the tea in loose and pyramid form. I have the pyramid teabags, which I love. I tried to get as good a close up as I can of the tiny, hand rolled jasmine pearls.


Following the golden rule of green tea, I boiled the kettle and let it cool for five minutes, before adding the water to the teabag. Instantly that very familiar scent of jasmine filled the room. I stood, mesmerised as I watched the tiny pearls unfold and start to resemble tea leaves. It is so much fun to see these sorts of tea's brewing. It's a work of art really. A beautiful experience.

The tea brewed to a lovely pale green colour. It does not need to be brewed for any longer then a minute. Any longer and your at real risk of ruining the delicate taste.


Jasmine Pearls is a wonderfully sweet tea and tastes as sweet as it's aroma suggests. It's naturally fragrant as opposed to that artificial taste you can get with cheaper brands that sell jasmine tea.

Green tea always seems to work so well with jasmine. The two flavours compliment each other as they are both light and refreshing. If you could take the warm and refreshing feeling of summer, and turn it into a tea, then you would end up with something just like Jasmine Pearls.

The flavours in this blend dance over your tongue. It's flowery tastes are so pleasant, that when you've reached the bottom of the mug or cup (depending on what you use) your desperate for more. I am not ashamed to say that as soon as I had finished the first cup, I was boiling the kettle for a second - this just goes to show how lovely this tea is. It's incredibly moreish, it's sweet flavours draw you and it's an enchanting tea.

As a weight watcher, this tea is wonderful as it gives you a sweet hit and is a good replacement for having sugar in your tea.

This isn't a tea to drink at speed. It deserves to have your full and undivided attention.

I was really impressed with this tea. I like the fact that being in a pyramid teabag, I have the convenience that you get when using teabags, but at the same time, you can experience the pure luxury you get with loose tea's.

Alongside the Kenginston Tea Company, this is the best jasmine tea going. If you can try some, then I would recommend that you do. If luxury tea is your thing, it doesn't get much better then this.

For more information then please visit the Canton Tea Company website



No comments:

Post a Comment