Wednesday 2 April 2014

Bluebirds Morning Kick Makes A Feisty Start To Your Day!


On Monday I woke up earlier then normal so had the chance to have a extra cup of tea before I started work.

I'm still working my way through all of the lovely samples my fellow blogger Rebecca sent me. As I went though the ice cream tub that I'm storing the tea in, I spotted this and thought it would make for a feisty start to the day!

Bluebird Tea (yet another brand unknown to me!) have produced this fabulous blend, Morning Kick, which consists of lemon peel, lemongrass and ginger (amongst other wonderful things).

What is interesting about this blend is that it's available both in loose tea and triangular teabags. I've never come across loose ginger based teas's before. My sample was in a teabag, which was sturdy and well made.

I brewed this tea for quite a while, about six minutes in all, because I know from experience that the longer you can brew a ginger tea the better.

I was busy pottering around the house whilst it was brewing, so when I returned to the kitchen was nicely surprised to find the kitchen full of a wonderful lemon scent, which was refreshing, natural and inviting.

When I took my first sip I was pleasantly surprised at how well the two flavours blended together. The lemon is slightly bitter, (but not overly so), but the ginger adds it's own sweetness and a lively kick to your tongue. There is a richness to this tea that is extremely pleasant, and this would be an ideal tea to take cold with ice on a hot day.

Unlike some cheaper blends of lemmon and ginger this does not leave a strange aftertaste that I've experienced with some supermarket's own brand blends of the tea. Twinings do it well, and surprisingly, I've even tried Aldi's lemon and ginger which is also satisfying.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tea, and it's made me curious enough to explore the Bluebird range at depth. And the tea's they offer on their site look very interesting indeed.

If you'd like to explore Bluebird Tea then visit their website: http://bluebirdteaco.com/

There are loads of exciting teas on the site and I've easily spent a good hour just browsing .... and quite often with a watering mouth!






No comments:

Post a Comment