Tuesday 8 April 2014

The London Fruit And Herb Company's Tangy Tropical Delight

Recently I tried and really enjoyed The London Fruit and Herb Company's Orange Green Tea. It was really enjoyable so I thought the next blend I'd try is their Tropical Infusion.

As you can see the packaging is really quite pretty and is bright and bubbly.


This infusion is made up of peach, apricot, mango, passionfruit and pineapple and has the extra kick of liquorice root. This tea appealed to me because I've tried a lot of fruit teas, and some contain mango, some contain peach, but none are a total mixture of lots of fruit like this one is!


Brewing this tea was a like brewing a box of delights. At first you could smell the mango, then the pineapple, it was just one beautiful aroma after another. It was really impressive and quite an experience by itself. The mixture of fruit was just delicious and I could feel myself salivating at the smell of all these fabulous ingredients.

I brewed this for five minutes and have to say the colour of the brew, which was a muddy colour was slightly odd, it didn't seem to match up with what the aroma was portraying, I pictured it to have a reddish or pinkish hue. But, still, it's not what the colour is that counts, it's the taste!

When I tasted this infusion, it really matched up well to it's gorgeous aroma. It was rather like tasting a warm tropical cordial. The strongest flavour that came through was mango. But not long after you first sip, you can taste the every so tangy taste of pineapple.

The different fruits really blend well together. I thought, with the huge amount of fruits contained within the tea, that it would be a little bit too much, that the flavours would clash and you wouldn't be able to detect one from another. But I was very wrong on this.

Tropical Infusion has been blended extremely well so that the flavours compliment and enhance each other rather then detract from one another.

It's a really fruity tea. Light, refreshing and when your around it whilst brewing, mouth watering. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to drink.

The London Fruit and Herb Company stock their teas through branches of health food store, Holland and Barrett. You can also order online.

http://www.londonfruitandherb.co.uk/





No comments:

Post a Comment