Sunday 20 April 2014

charbrew's Chocolate Orange: A Luxurious Tea, Perfect For Easter


I really love where I live, but sometimes I do feel as though I live in the back of beyond. I have heard about charbrew for some time but simply couldn't source it anywhere. However, after visiting family recently, I stumbled across a Tesco's that actually sold the brand, and sold plenty of different blends of charbrew, too.

It has only been since January that I've been aware of chocolate tea. I've been lucky to try several now, so when I saw Chocolate Orange, and what with it being Easter weekend, this was one that I decided to try.

Within the box you have 15 tea pyramids. They are packaged in a really lovely coloured box, and have the extra protection of being wrapped in a plastic bag inside too.

To be utterly honest, it wasn't too long after getting in from the supermarket that I prepared a cup of Chocolate Orange tea. There are some tea's that are totally intriguing and this was one I couldn't wait to make.

When I opened the plastic bag, as usual, I inhaled the aroma, and it was lovely. It doesn't smell at all dissimilar to a Terry's Chocolate Orange. This tea, I realised, was going to be a good replacement for a real Easter egg.

The colours of the tea are amazing. If you look closely at the photo, you can see orange mixed with tiny flakes of chocolate. It looks, and smells yummy. But would it taste lovely too?


There are specific brewing instructions with this tea. You are to boil the kettle and let it cool for two minutes. Then, slowly pour over the teabag and leave it to brew for three minutes. I followed them exactly to make the perfect cup of tea.

I then settled down and gave this tea a try.

The first thing that struck me about this lovely tea, is how smooth it feels. It's luxurious and rich and easy to drink.

The chocolate taste's lovely. It's really rich as I've said, and has a lovely rounded taste. It's quite sweet too.

Amongst the richness of the chocolate, you have the bright, fruity orange flavour which blends very well to form this wonderful chocolate orange tea. The added orange is very refreshing and prominent. It doesn't get lost in the chocolate flavour, but perfectly compliments it. They two work hand to hand to give you a real treat of a tea.

It's also very warming, too. It makes you feel lovely inside, and I feel it's best to drink this tea while hot, it wouldn't work as a iced tea, I don't think. Also, because of it's richness, it's not the sort of tea you could drink cup after cup of.

I have to say I was looking forward to trying this tea. But the actual tasting exceeded how good I imagined it to be. It's a really fantastic tea and it's a brilliant tea to have whilst others are sitting eating Easter egg's!

And, because of it's fruity tang, this would be the perfect tea to drink whilst eating a toasted and buttered hot cross bun!

I was really impressed with my first taste of Charbrew. And I'm hoping, if I can source them, to try many more out of their range.

For more information on Charbrew's tea's then please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment