Saturday 19 April 2014

Canton's Classic Earl Grey







Canton's Earl Grey is a classic blend of Earl Grey. It is made with extremely high quality black tea and it's citrus flavour is light and refreshing.

I am fussy when it comes to Earl Grey. I find the variance of quality is huge, from the really awful to the really spectacular.

I was really impressed with Canton's tea so far, so when I saw they had enclosed a Earl Grey I knew that it would be very high up on the list to try.


As normal with Canton, the tea comes in a silky pyramid. I'm really seeing the benefit of silky pyramids as they enable you to have the luxury of loose leaf tea contained in easy to use teabag.
I really love watching the tea's brew because you can see them expand and grow.

I love the taste of this Earl Grey. The base tea is of a very good quality. It's rich and full bodied and tastes just a little sweet. It is made up of Assam and Darjeeling tea and it's that blend that gives the tea it's unique flavour.

The citrus flavours work really well. They taste totally natural, and are a little bit reserved. This isn't a up front lemon tasting tea. There is a subtlety to the lemon flavour. It's happy to sit back and just let the flavour of the black tea take the forefront, but it's makes it's presence known!

This is a really good Earl Grey, with good quality ingredients. It is a total pleasure to drink. For more information please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment