Saturday 26 April 2014

Revolution Tea: Green Earl Grey ... A Gorgeous Organic Tea


Revolution tea is a company that sells a very varied amount of tea. From blacks, to whites, from herbal tea's to chocolate tea. It's company principles are simple: provide excellent customer care alongside selling high quality tea's. And to promote the health benefits of such tea's.

Revolution Organic Green Earl Grey tea is a high quality tea which is packaged in it's own infuser, which is a pyramid shaped bag. The bag feels wonderfully smooth and silky and the leaves are large and healthy looking. Each infuser comes in it's only teeny little box, which is so cute.


Out of all the flavours I was sent to sample, I chose Green Earl Grey, not least because I'm a Earl Grey addict, as most readers will know, but also because in all my time of drinking tea, and in particular green tea, I've never tried a green tea based Earl Grey.

As this is a high quality tea, the teabag can be used more then once. 

When taking the infuser out of the box, I was delighted with the smell. The lovely scents of citrus and bergamot are  strong and delicious. And the gorgeous scent is blended in with the wonderful grassy aroma of green tea.

I'm a fan of Earl Grey, and I'm a fan of green tea. This tea will be perfection I thought whilst brewing.

This tea brewed to a wonderful amber colour.


Settling down after a morning's housework, I curled up on the sofa and took the first sip. It was glorious. This tea is one of the best blended Earl Grey's I've come across. The citrus and bergamot flavour's blend together so well to make a mouthwatering, totally luscious brew.

Using green tea, instead of the usual black tea is a stroke of genius. Green tea has a vastly different taste to black tea, and so it makes for a completely different sort of Earl Grey. The green tea is of high quality and has a nicely rounded depth of flavour.

The green tea used, which is an organic Chinese Sancha, is of a high quality and has none of the bitterness usually associated with the cheaper green tea's that are available.

With it's high quality tea and perfectly balanced flavours, this makes for a refreshing drink. It's incredibly moreish and I've brewed three cups of this tea now. I did notice that by the third brewing, though still lovely, the flavour was weaker, so I would suggest using each bag just twice. Anymore and you will notice that it isn't as robust and fully flavoured.

Revolution Tea's Green Earl Grey is both delightful and exceptional. I really, really did enjoy this. Okay, you may say that by loving Earl Grey and being fanatical about green tea I was bound to like this. But, it's the superb quality of this drink that makes it so enjoyable.

Sublime ingredients, stylish packaging and a wonderful company ethic means that Revolution is a fantastic tea company and I hope that it carries on producing wonderful tea's for many years to come.

I'd highly suggest you have a read of Revolutions company profile. It's fascinating.

And for more information on Organic Green Earl Grey then follow this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment