Sunday 16 February 2014

Blackcurrant Burst: A Tea Full Of Flavour

A little while ago Twinings kindly sent me out a box of different fruit tea's to review on this blog. It was a lovely gesture, and Twinings (as well as anyone else who knows me!) know that new tea's excite me, and I love trying them

Blackcurrant Burst is such a heart warming and lovely tea. It's so full of fruity goodness, that I feel it's not only tasty and indulgent, but it's good for me, too.


First of all I would say that blackcurrant burst is perfect for those sorts of icy cold days, where you've been out and are frozen to the bone. It's rather like drinking hot cordial, but with far less sugar! I had a brew of this when I was freezing and I felt as though my whole body was warming up. It was a lovely experience.

To get a full flavour, I use two teabags. Now, this may seem excessive. However, by using one teabag, though you get a nice taste, it's fairly weak. I prefer the strength and texture when I use two bags. And, because the cost of the tea is affordable, in additional to the fact that I rotate my tea so don't drink the same one all the time (obviously!) it's not a problem to use two.

I brew it for a while, but with most tea's I leave the bag in anyway so I don't have to worry about brewing times. It brews to a deep, red colour.


From the very minute you pour the water on this tea, the aroma of blackcurrant's is very strong and extremely pleasant. It fills the whole room up and I really love the smell, so I knew that I'd enjoy it.

Now, to be honest, I've always been a little wary of blackcurrant. That's because as a child, I drunk a lot of it in cordial's and the blackcurrant flavour always seems to have a plastic taste. Despite the advertising, it never felt natural, rather artificial. So I was a tad dubious when taking my first sip. But I didn't need to be.

This is really FULL of flavour. In fact Twinings are quite right to call it Blackcurrant BURST, because it is honestly, bursting with flavour. It's a staight forward tea. It's not blended with anything else. Blackcurrant is all you get with the tea, but it's done nicely and impressively. It's rich and fruity and full bodied.

I have to say, when drinking this tea, the kettle was already boiling for the second cup before I had finished the first!

If you like your tea plain and simple ,but well done, this is the tea for you. Exotic flavours are fun, but familiar ones can be fun also!

I'm going to stock up on this tea. It's marvelous and enjoyable. Maybe you'll enjoy it too!

Summary Of Blackcurrant Burst

- Brew for as long as you wish, no minimum or maximum time to brew.
- No milk or sweeteners needs. It's perfect as it is!
- Blackcurrant Burst is available from Twinings online and all major supermarkets. A box of 20 teabags cost £1.49

Special Deals

This tea is available on a special offer at Tesco's. The cost is £2.60 for two boxes. Valid until the 4th of March 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment