Tuesday 18 February 2014

Twinings Ceylon. The True Statesman Of The Tea World

Ceylon tea is one of those blends that I look at with admiration when I'm browsing the tea aisles. Like Darjeeling, it feels as though it's the real statesman of the tea world. I imagine that it sits on the shelf, looking down, haughtily, on the "lesser" teas that sit beneath it!

I will start with it's glorious packaging. Isn't it pretty? I love the blue colour Twinings have used for Ceylon. It really stands out, both on the shelf in the store and amongst my tea collection, housed in the Twinings corner of my kitchen!


Twinings recommend that you brew the tea from 3 to 5 minutes. I tend to go midway and leave it for four. It brews to a lovely dark amber colour.


Ceylon is a medium strength black tea, and it's perfect for those who like to drink their tea black and unsweetened as it is strong enough to give you a full bodied tea, but at the same time, it's not too overpowering, such as Assam and English Breakfast are.

This tea has a ever so slight, delicate sweetness to it, which makes for a refreshing thirst quencher. It's a light tea that doesn't sit too heavily on the stomach, so I find it's a perfect tea to make in a large pot, so I can have several cups!

Ceylon is a perfect blend for any time of the day, however, it would be a good candidate for an afternoon tea party.

Although this tea is slightly more expensive then other blends, I would advise you to treat yourself. It's a super blend and one that I find very enjoyable indeed.

Summary of Ceylon Tea

- Brew between 3 and 5 minutes, though I think 4 is enough.
- Can be taken black or white, sweetened or unsweetened.
- Can be purchased from Twinings Online or in supermarkets. £3.29 for 50 teabags. You can also buy in loose tea form from Twinings online shop with prices varying from £9.50 to £28.00

Special Deals

- Sainsbury's have two boxes for £4.00
- Tesco's have two boxes for £4.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment