Friday 7 February 2014

Lady Grey ... My Personal Favourite Tea ... Ever.

Lady Grey has been become my favourite tea. It always has been (since I started drinking it) and will always remain so.


There is nothing to dislike about this tea. It's a black tea that is very similar to Earl Grey, but the main citrus flavour is orange, rather then lemon. The gorgeous aroma of orange, when you first open the box, is utterly brilliant. Zingy and inviting. I can honestly say, with complete sincerity, that I am addicted to it, and couldn't live without it. Such is my habit, that no matter what else I'm drinking, I will always find time for at least one Lady Grey during the day.

I have perfected the brewing of Lady Grey. I am exact, and brew it for no longer then three and a half minutes. I drink it black and without any sweetener, as for me, the taste is so perfect, that adding anything will take away from the delicate taste.


For me, there is nothing nicer then on a Saturday afternoon, and I've finished all of my cleaning and other jobs, then to curl up on the sofa with a episode of Frost or Midsommer Murders with a cup of Lady Grey. It is utter bliss.

I love the citrus flavours in this brew. It is a mixture of orange and lemon. As said previously, the main flavour is orange but you do get a slight undertone of lemon coming through. It's a medium strength black tea, so it's really pleasant to drink black.

Although it is a black tea, it's light and refreshing. I often have lemon curd on toast for breakfast and this tea is the perfect blend to take with it.

When I drink it it reminds me of summer. It warms me up and envelopes me like a blanket and for the time I'm drinking it I feel totally relaxed.

Lady Grey is a blend exclusive to Twinings. It's available in teabags and loose tea. There are caddies available and refill pouches. (The picture above shows my homemade caddy as Twinings don't yet do caddies for teabags).

If you like Earl Grey then I think you'll enjoy this. If you like tea's which have a light bergamont taste to it, then you'll certainly love it. But I promise, if you try this just once, you'll never regret it and Lady Grey will become a regular on your shopping list!

Summary Of Lady Grey

- Brew Lady Grey between 3 and 4 minutes. I think it's perfect at 3 1/2.
- You can drink it with or without milk. Sweetened or unsweetened. I drink it black without sweetener.
- Lady Grey is available everywhere! Prices for teabags are: £2.69 for 50 bags or £4.49 for 100.
- Loose tea is available at: 125g for £2.69 and a caddy, which comes with 125g of tea costs £5.00.






No comments:

Post a Comment