Saturday 22 February 2014

Salted Caramel Tea. It's Very Different And It Works!

Today I traveled three hours on a bus to go to a huge Tesco's store to try and buy the latest green teas. Save for one really badly bashed box of Caramelised Apple, I couldn't find a box anywhere. I politely asked the manager to look outside, and no, there was not a box to be had. So it's quite sad that this evening I'm using the last sample I was sent to review on this blog.

Salted Caramel was the flavour I left till last as I was sure I wouldn't like it. I've never really brought into this chilli chocolate fad, so I thought I'd dislike this tea. But, to my utter surprise, I really liked it and found it a interesting tea to drink.


At the risk of keeping repeating myself this tea cannot be brewed for more then 2 minutes as it can go bitter and loose it's flavour. I do apologise for the rough picture but you get the idea!


The aroma of caramel whilst brewing this tea is fantastic. It is very strong and fills up the kitchen wonderfully. It reminds me of toffees and is rich and inviting. It feels like a luxurious tea, a real decadent blend, and that's exactly what it is!

Salted Caramel is truly a tea of two halves. When you take the first sip the lovely caramel flavour comes through, and then, a few seconds later, the salty flavour really takes the tea to another level. The sweetness followed by the savoury is a real experience. It's hard to put in words, it's something someone has to experience for themselves.

If you can find a box, I'd grab one .... or a dozen! They are so hard to come by in most shops but they should be tasted by everyone. These blends are genius. And tasty to boot!

Summary Of Salted Caramel

- Brew between 1-2 minutes. No longer!
- No milk, no sugar neeeded
- A box of 20 teabags cost £2.49 available in Tesco's, Waitrose and online.

Special deals

Available from Twinings on a 3 for 2 deal. Included in the deal is free postage and a free gift bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment