Monday 3 February 2014

Twinings Summer Berry Delight

Twinings Summer Berries Fruit Tea reminds me of the long life yoghurts my mum used to get me to take to school when I was little. It consists of blackberries, raspberries and strawberries. That's all. But it's a simplistic treasure.

I first brought this tea last summer, when I was visiting the Twinings shop in London. It's not a blend that is available in all supermarkets, so I was interested to try it. Like Winter Spice, its a gorgeous blend, that just happens to be a limited edition, so I stocked up on the tea and have four or five boxes stored away in a safe place!


To get the full flavour of this marvelous tea, I brew it for five minutes. It brews to a wonderful claret colour. Richly inviting and the smell of the berries is so sweet that you honestly can't wait to get started on drinking it!


The mixture of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries is interesting. On first tasting you get the full sweetness of plump, juicy strawberries, and then there is a sharp, slightly sour after bite of the raspberries and blackberries. The sweet and sour contrast in the flavours makes it a really interesting fruit tea. Perfect for people who don't their fruit teas overly sweet.

As I have mentioned on other fruit tea reviews, there is an option to make this into a fruit punch during hot summer days. Last year I brewed this tea, let it cool and mixed it with diet lemonade and let it cool in the fridge. It made for a really refreshing drink. It just goes to show how versatile fruit teas can be!

This blend is still available to buy on Twinings online shop. I'd snap a box up before it's no longer sold. You'll be missing out on a fab tea if you don't!

Summary Of Twinings Summer Berries Tea

- Brew the tea for as long as you wish, but five minutes is perfect.
- Like any fruit tea's, no milk or sweetener needed.
- Available to buy from Twinings Online. A box of 20 costs £1.49


No comments:

Post a Comment