Monday 10 February 2014

I'll Say Goodbye To Diamond Jubilee ... Thanks For The Memories

Well, this evening was (in my tea world, of course!) a sad one. I brewed the last of my reserve supplies of The Diamond Jubilee tea.

I won't go into too much detail as I reviewed it here not so long ago. But, I have many happy memories of that fantastic Jubilee weekend, brewing pot after pot as I watched the celebrations on the television. A really gorgeous tea.


I was lucky enough to have brought it in loose tea (see top caddy in the photo) and in teabag form. And I stocked up on individual envelopes from the pick and mix on the Twinings shop for as long as I could.

Sadly, though, all good things come to a end. It's a real shame that this tea is out of production now. I'm pretty positive that it's been a popular tea. Perhaps Twinings could, one day, bring it back permanently. It could be called the Queen Elizabeth blend, and it could head the regal blends of tea Twinings have, such as Prince of Wales blend, and Earl and Lady Grey. Just an idea.

Twinings, a big thumbs up for blending an extraordinary blend. It was the most delicious treat. And I, for one, am so glad I got to experience it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from sunny Texas - I adore this blend. My husband and I visited London for the Jubilee celebrations and I brought lots of this tea from the Twinings store. It's so good! Cannot wait to buy more when in London next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment.

    It is indeed a lovely tea. Sadly though, anonymous, it's no longer in production. It was a limited edition.

    Can I suggest Yunnan (if you've not tried it already!) as it's similar to this blend as Yunnan was one of the ingredients used in the Jubilee tea.

    It could be well worth dropping Twinings a email to see if they have any stock around anywhere!

    ReplyDelete