Sunday 16 February 2014

Twinings Apple And Pear Green Tea: Lovely And Refreshing

Whilst popping through Tesco's today, on a (hopeless, it turned out) mission to try and source the new blends of Green Tea, I spotted Apple and Pear. As it was Valentines Day , and considering my boyfriend doesn't celebrate it, I decided to treat myself to a new box of tea! (Well, any old excuse will do!).

The apple and pear immediately jumped out on me. I've tried apple tea before, but I haven't tasted pear in a tea. It interested me. So that is the flavour I chose.


I really loved this tea. When I opened the box the aroma of pears was sweet and tempeting. I very much enjoyed inhaling the steam coming off the tea as it brewed. It was so fruity, and I couldn't wait to try it.

As with the other blends of green tea I've tried, it brews to a lovely light green colour.


I timed the brewing. Green tea can go bitter if left too long, so I brewed it for a minute and a half which was enough.

The flavour of this tea is gorgeous. The pear, which is the stronger of the two flavours, is very sweet, whilst the apple is slightly sharp, and it reminded me of a Granny Smith, which had been left in the fridge. Nice and crisp. The two flavours come together well to make a light and refreshing tea.

One thing I really liked was that after finishing a cup of this tea, the lovely taste of pear lingered for a bit, in a pleasant way, of course. I do like the slight herbal quality that green tea has, and it goes well with the flavours. It's certainly very different to black tea.

The pear is so delicate. It works well with the apple. I really enjoyed this tea. It's lovely and light and would make a brilliant after dinner drink.

Summary Of Apple And Pear Green Tea

- Brew for 1 to 2 minutes. Be precise, it can go very bitter.
- No milk no sugar needed.
- A box of 20 costs £1.69 (though Tesco's have it on deal, two boxes for £3.00!).

No comments:

Post a Comment