Monday 3 February 2014

Twinings Orange and Lotus Flower: A Cup Of Orange Awesomeness!

Quite surprisingly, especially to me, I am now going on a green tea journey. Last year, it was fruit tea. I tasted so many types of fruit tea and loved them all. So, despite being apprehensive about green tea, and being put off it by an undrinkable brew about six years ago I decided to give it a go.

During my normal scouting of the Twinings aisle in my local supermarket (I do this twice weekly, just in case they get new blends in) I noticed that they had green tea on sale. Why not, I thought. Now, what should I choose? I didn't want to go all out and try it pure, so that left me with two teas with a citrus base - lemon or orange and lotus flower. I opted for the latter.


As normal, when discovering a new tea, I can't wait to get home, and this morning the kettle was boiling before I had even taken my coat off.

Upon opening the box I got a truly wonder scent of orange. It was strong, pleasant, and tangy. I am going to like this was my immediate thought.

I let the kettle cool and let the tea brew. On the box it said 1-2 minutes, so I decided to leave it for just a minute. When brewed it has a light green colour.


Aside from the orange scent, there is a slight grassy undertone to the tea. But, I believe that is rather standard for a green tea. There was something earthy about this tea, which I couldn't quite put my finger on, but that wasn't detrimental to the tea, it just added to the unique taste smell of it.

When taking my first sip, the overpowering taste was of orange and I loved it. I love citrus flavours in tea, which is probably why Lady Grey is one of my all time favourites. It was refreshing, tangy and really rather pleasant. I think by half way through the cup, I was in love!

It's a light tea, perfect for afternoon tea, and is a good replacement if you need a break from black tea.

What I really enjoyed about this tea was that it left me with a nice, orange taste in my mouth which lasted for quite some time. It's a real thirst quencher of a tea. The only thing I regret about this tea is not having the nerve to try it sooner. I can honestly say this is one of the teas I'm most surprised by. I liked it hugely and am drinking another cup as I write. And I may just go and get some more tomorrow. Well, it is on two boxes for £3.00 ....

Summary Of Orange and Lotus Flower Green Tea Blend.

- Brew for 1-2 minutes but I think 1 minute is perfect.
- No need to add milk or sugar. It's perfect by itself.
- Available from Twinings online and in most supermarkets, priced at £1.69 for twenty.


No comments:

Post a Comment