Sunday 23 February 2014

Twinings Delicate Earl Grey. A Lovely Addition To The Earl Grey Family

In January, when I started this blog, the first tea's I reviewed were Earl Grey. Alongside The Earl Grey, I also reviewed Earl Grey Silky Pyramids and Classic Earl Grey: http://lovetealoveblogging.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/earl-grey-variations-on-wonderful-theme.html

Delicate Earl Grey, which was released last year, was the only one missing. Kirsten, the lovely lady at Twinings had sent me a sample out just before I started this blog so couldn't write about it as the drink had long gone before I set up the blog!

Yesterday though, in Tesco's I found the caddy and snapped it up. Isn't it so pretty. What this picture may not reflect is how pretty the caddy is with it's lovely illustrations of pots of tea and flowers on.


I am a huge fan of Earl Grey so when I brought the caddy yesterday it was lovely to taste it again.

I brew the tea for three and a bit minutes and it brews to quite a dark colour.


The aroma from this tea is very lemony, and it smells wonderful. It's so inviting and gorgeous and reminds me of a lovely summer's day.

Curling up on the sofa, I took a sip, and was really surprised at how strong the lemon flavour was. Far stronger then The Earl Grey and, in fact all of the other variations. I did wonder why it's considered delicate because it tastes a lot stronger then any of the other blends of Earl Grey. Then I remembered an email I received from Twinings when I asked that very question. The reason it's delicate is that there are higher percentages of lemon flavour and bergamont flavour, so you can taste less of the black tea, meaning it is more delicate, because as we know, black tea is all mighty and powerful!

Although this could be considered just another Earl Grey, it's totally different to all of the others. But I think it's a extremely welcome new member of the Earl Grey family.

It's so light and it makes a really refreshing drink. I'm so glad I found some. I've enjoyed two cups already and it's only 11am! (And that is in addition to a cup of Earl Grey and one of Lady Grey!).

This tea is for you if you like strong, citrus flavours in your tea. I'm positive you'll enjoy it!

Summary of Delicate Earl Grey

- Tea can be brewed between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Milk can be added, or indeed, a slice of lemon!
- Available online and from Tesco's. A caddy, containing 20 envelopes cost £5.00.
- You can also purchase a Delicate Earl Grey caddy which also contains a Earl Grey candle for £9.50 from Twinings Online.


No comments:

Post a Comment