Friday 21 February 2014

Twinings Caramelised Apple: A Real Good Treat!

So, I'm now reviewing the second of the new green tea blends. I'm really enjoying sampling these new flavours, and it's been so much fun to see the reception from other people who are tasting them too.

I've decided the second review will be of the Caramelised Apple blend. As you can see, Twinings have been really creative with their packaging. I love it!


As with any green tea, it's important not to over brew it as it can go slightly bitter, and when the green tea has a flavour added you usually loose the delicate taste, so I would suggest no longer then two minutes brewing time.

The blend brews to a light amber colour.


When I made my first cup of tea, the aroma that hit me initially was of toffee apples. You know the sort that you can buy at a fairground. But this evening I brewed my second cup and decided it reminded me more of one of those lovely apple tarts that are available, the sort that have a lattice crust, which is nice and shiny, and the slight taste of cinnamon.

This blend is less strong then the ginger bread indulgence, but that in no way means it's a weak tea. I'd say the flavour is far more delicate, but then again, anything with ginger in it is bound to make an impression!

I love this tea because the apple and caramel are so perfect for one another, and they compliment each other. The first thing you notice when drinking the blend is the sweet, refreshing flavour of apple, and then, secondly the smooth caramel flavour. It's a warming tea, and one that leaves your mouth feeling refreshed and clean.

It's also incredibly moreish! If I had more then two teabags, I probably would of had a few more cups of it this evening! It's a really pleasant drink to take. Tasty, but at the same time, extremely light and delicate.

Twinings have done something extraordinary with their new blends of green tea. They have created innovative flavours, and I have read, and know personally, that people who once did not like green tea (including me) are now embracing it with open arms. It's fine, in my opinion, not to like a tea such as green tea in it's pure form. People can find it's flavour off putting. But when mixed with special flavours like these, people are willing to try tea's they may not of before.

Tomorrow, I will review the final tea, which is Salted Caramel. But, last does not mean least!

Summary of Caramelised Apple

- Be careful how you brew - two minutes is the maximum.
- No milk or sugar needed.
- The tea is available from Tesco's, Waitrose and Twinings online shop. It costs £2.49 for 20.

Special Deals

This tea is available on a three for two deal from Twinings online. UK residents have free postage when ordering and also receive a free gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment